Monday, November 13, 2017

November Kit with Sylvie

Hi there!

I'm up today with two more layouts made with the November Kit.  The Prima Marketing Amber Moon line is just beautiful. It was so easy to work with and I'm so happy with the projects I made.

I made two pages from the same event, but it's not a two page layout.  I chose to use two sketches to that I felt complemented each other.  The first layout was inspired by the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine November sketch.



I stuck to the sketch pretty closely. For the rounded parts shown on the sketch, I chose to stamp a flower cluster using the Peony Cluster and heat embossed it in gold embossing powder.  I coloured the images with watercolours and die cut the shape with the matching die.  The rest of the page was embellished with the chipboard pieces and rhinestones from the kit.

I found that the Thickers from the kit didn't stand out enough from the background page, so, I used a Faber Castell Pitt pen and just coloured it in to darken each letter.  While the ink was still wet, I dabbed it with my finger to make the ink look distressed and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The stickers for the title are from my stash and they are a very old Echo Park alpha.

For my next layout, I used the sketch from Stuck?Sketches that the Design Team used for this kit.





Hope I don't offend anyone with title, but you can read the journaling that explains it. I used a very old alpha stamp from my stash and put it together with the Thickers and the "love" chipboard sticker from the kit to make a big title. 

There was a lot to say in my journaling, so I typed it on my computer and printed it onto a transparency. The striped paper was my favourite from the collection and I didn't want to cover any more of it than I had to. The photostrip in the photo clusters was cut with my Silhouette from the Yam cardstock. The page was embellished with more chipboard, leaves, crystals and puffy stickers... all from the kit!

The November kit is full of embellishments. I've done 3 layouts and a card and I still have a bunch left over for future projects. I love that!

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are amazing, Sylvie! Love love love both layouts.

Rosie said...

Wow! Fabulous work with the sketches, love all the details!