Friday, September 1, 2017

||Scrap Shotz September Monthly Kit Reveal

Hello!

The Scrap Shotz monthly kit program is back after a summer hiatus and it's Rosie here to kick off the September reveal😁!

The September kit features the Carta Bella Transatlantic line which is perfect for travel photos.
Kit and add ons are now available in the store so click HERE to see them up close!

 I cut thin slices from this map paper and then adhered it to a piece of card stock to provide some visual interest.
The photo mats were created as follows:
1. Cut 2 pieces of card stock using the My Favourite Things 4 way chevron cover plate die.
2. Apply Versa Mark ink with ink pad directly to card stock.
3. Sprinkle Emerald Creek hammered metal embossing powder and heat set.
I have overlapped a couple edges of the die cut over the photo to highlight the embossing.


The kit alphas fit perfectly within the kit tags and the layout is completed with kit ephemera and a few accents of Nuvo Crystal drops in bright gold.


I traced the heart from the negative of portion of a cut file I kept from a previous project. Various paper strips were cut and glued to the heart.

I adhered the heart with foam tape to create a little dimension and make it easier to layer the die cut leaves underneath.
 These leaves are a free cut file from Wild Whisper Designs and cut with my Silhouette Cameo. Nuvo Crystal drops in Bright Gold embellish the die cuts.

 After arranging the photos on the facing page I matted this die cut from the kit ephemera package and popped it up with foam tape in between of all 4 photos.

I adhered 3 strips of some of the same papers used on the large heart, along the right edge of the facing page, also layering some of the die cut leaves to unify this double page layout.

Up next is a card, specifically a Christmas card!

 I challenged myself to make a Christmas card when I saw the little bit of red on the patterned paper that mats the glittered stripes.
 The glittered background is created as follows:
1. Place strips of double sided tape on the diagonal over red card stock.
2. Remove the backing and apply choice of colour of micro fine glitter one stripe at a time.
3. Burnish with finger before moving on to the next stripe.
I had some of these stamped poinsettia images in my stash so I coloured the flower only in one image and fussy cut it. On the second image I coloured the leaves only and then layered the coloured image with foam tape over the image with the coloured leaves to create dimension.

I will be back tomorrow with a few more kit projects. Thanks for stopping by😀

3 comments:

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love the kit and these beautiful layouts!! 😊 And the Christmas card too!

Unknown said...

Love love love all your projects! Great Christmas card idea too.

Karla Yungwirth said...

Beautiful projects!! Love the kit!!