Monday, May 7, 2018

Product Reveal: Alcohol Inks

What's old is new again and that's what alcohol inks are for me! For the following pictures, I have used the Ranger alcohol inks and Tim Holtz blending solution. Let me share a few fun experiments with you!

Below, I was learning how the inks moved on the Yupo paper - can you tell I loved it? Every background is unique and filled with texture. I will be experimenting with texture even more this week (stay tuned!) Layered on top of the alcohol ink background is a Penny Black Christmas die.



Next I wanted to challenge myself to use colours I would not normally use: green, orange and yellow. Well, can I just say how much I love this color combo :-) I could not resist using the inlaid and stacked die cut technique with the Altenew half tone Hello die.



Lastly, I wanted to try adding texture to the alcohol ink background. For this background, I added some of the Ranger metallic mixatives and gently splashed some blending solution on the background. When it dried, I added some Pretty Pink Posh gems.

When I looked at the background, it reminded me of the ocean. Hence, the super cute mermaid by Honeybee! The mermaid is heavily coated in clear Wink of Stella. In real life, this mermaid has layers and layers of glitter!


A close up of the alcohol ink background...


I hope I have inspired you to try your alcohol inks. Watch next week for some more fun techniques to try.




No comments: