Wednesday, February 21, 2018

#Happy

Hello!

Rosie here with another project featuring the Scrap Shotz February kit. I was inspired by this patterned paper in the kit:



I fussy cut all the butterflies, literally ALL of them! Here is the completed layout:


I started by spattering Heidi Swapp Colour Shine spray in Black Velvet on a piece of white card stock. Once the spray was dry, I traced a large circle with a dinner plate, then pierced stitching holes with a paper piercer. Prior to stitching, I adhered the outer circle of butterflies.

I hand stitched the circle shape with 2 strands of gold thread. Once the stitching was completed I added an inner ring of butterflies just above the stitched frame.


The small circles are cut with a circle punch and then adhered with foam tape just inside the hand-stitched frame.
I also hand-stitched a border with gold thread on a white card stock photo mat.


I layered the photo and embroidered photo mat over a piece of patterned paper. Fussy cut butterflies and a kit die cut embellish the upper left corner of the photo mat.


 I also added some enamel dots from the kit embellishment pack.

I love how this project turned out and thank you for stopping by to take a look😊.




1 comment:

Karla Yungwirth said...

This is so gorgeous Rosie!!