Wednesday, February 14, 2018

February Kit, Cards with Cathy

It's Cathy back to share some more ideas for the February Kit, featuring Vicki Boutin's All The Good Things. There is so much to love about this collection. I am a huge fan of the paper and the stamp and die set. The hanging lights on chains is fabulous!

For this post, I created 3 very different cards using the papers, the paper clips, Stamp and Die Set 1, and the Mixed Media Sticker Set.

First up is one I created on a Distress Oxide background and used just the arrow die cut.

No fancy technique for these backgrounds, I just smooshed my ink pads onto my craft mat, misted them and then smooshed my cardstock on them.


I used the arrow die and cut out my pieces first. I then used the script stamp from the set and stamped over the entire card front in Black Archival.

I fussy cut out the flowers from a 12X12 sheet and then stamped the saying in three spots, this stamp is great for being able to stamp the words one at a time. I used an exacto  knife to cut the edge of the large rose and then just curled it up a bit.
First card complete

The second card is probably my favorite. I loved the stamp, the background paper makes me swoon and I watched Eileen Hull do some foiling today and I knew I has the perfect paper that needed foil accents.

I stamped the image in Archival Black and let it dry. I then went over spots with my glue pen. Once that was dry, I placed the piece of foil over it and burnished it on.

Mine is not perfect, I didn't want it solid, I wanted it to look a bit aged.

I used one of the Mixed Media Stickers layered on another of my fave pieces of paper from this collection, foiled the edges and attached it with foam tape.
 And for my last card....I used a bunch of the off cuts from my layout and from my other cards. 

I went with bright and cheery on this one. I just used strips of paper and cut the little tails on each end and layered them up. My middle sentiments are from the mixed media set, just love the watercolour look.

These little birds are paper clips, just trimmed down the clip part so it fit on the edge of my sentiment. How cute is that little bluebird and the design on his wings is so pretty.

Tucked under the edges are more good words from the sticker set.

Wow! What a great new collection from Vicki Boutin. Head on over to the Scrap Shotz store and get signed up for these fantastic kits to keep you creating!

Have a great Valentine's Day everyone! <3


1 comment:

Rosie said...

Soooo much inspiration in these cards! Great job!