Friday, December 29, 2017

Kaisercraft Mint Wishes - Home for the Holidays

Hi there!

Sylvie here sharing two layouts featuring the beautiful Kaisercraft Mint Wishes collection.

My first page was created by fussy cutting the log images from one of the patterned papers.



You would think it would take a lot of  time, but it was pretty easy cutting since the logs weren't true circles.  LOL!  Once the logs were cut out, I inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink to hide the white edges of the paper and to make it look like bark. To give the look of snow, I then splattered them with some white acrylic paint that was diluted with a bit of water. Once it was dry, I  adhered the pieces into a wreath shape on a piece of kraft cardstock. Some of the pieces were adhered with foam adhesive to give dimension.

To decorate the wreath, I cut up the holly border sticker and tucked them in around the circle. I finished it off with some Want 2 Scrap rhinestones.  The flowers are from the sticker sheet  and the bow was cut from another patterned paper and a Silhouette cut file.  I used some Thickers for the title and a little gold mist for some splatters around the wreath.

My next page isn't "Christmassy" at all! 



When I received the kit in the mail, these photos were already sitting on my desk waiting to be scrapped. I thought the colours worked beautifully with the kit.  I started by using the smooshing technique on the background with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide  ink onto the checked patterned paper.  I had already cut the leafy die cut from some white cardstock and using some Nuvo Mousse and a paint brush, I painted the cut file to make it green. I did some more fussy cutting for the flowers and embellished the page with some Nuvo Drops and a couple hearts that were punched out of more white cardstock and painted with the Nuvo Mousse. I used some old stickers from my stash and Thickers for the title.  I just love this page and am pretty proud of myself that you can't tell that this was supposed to be a Christmas line!

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie


No comments: