Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December Kit from Carta Bella

The December monthly kit is a MUST have! I liked the Cabin Fever line by Carta Bella when I saw it online, then I opened my December kit and....I am in love with this line! And it's not even images or colours that are my comfort zone. But I do love snowflakes (the fake paper kind) and the designs in this kit are so pretty! But enough about how much I love it and how about I show you my first project with this kit.
I made 6 tags using the kit and I thought they would be a perfect little pick me up for some of the girls at work.

I started with 6 kraft tags from Ranger, and then did 3 different backgrounds on them.


This background is done using the TH stencil, which is available as an add on for the December kit, Ranger Embossing Ink and Emerald Creek Soft Fallen Snow Embossing Powder.

For these two backgrounds, I used the stencil again, Transparent Texture Paste coloured with Finnabair's Art Alchemy paint, I used a pale blue but the Deep Waters available in the Scrap Shotz store would be gorgeous!

The last two were done with Distress Oxides in Iced Spruce, Lucky Clover and  Salty Ocean. Then I just took a make up sponge and dabbed some white gesso through the TH stencil.

For my layers I used one of the 12X12 sheets from the package and cut out all the little cards and decided from there which ones I wanted to use. I trimmed them, rounded the corners and then started choosing which embellishments I wanted to use. Everything goes together so great in this kit.

Here all 6 of my tags!
This one has a cut out card from the 12X12 sheet, enamel dots, the sweater is from the stickers sheet in the kit and I added the little chipboard snowflake.

Love the shimmer from the Art Alchemy Paints!
I think enamel dots could be my new favorite thing to add to projects! These ones are sharing the spotlight with the plaid brad.

You can see just a hint of the wonderful sparkle from the Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder.
I love this bear! I definitely would use him a few times. Added some of the gemstone brads and an epoxy snowflake.
This tag has a card cut from the 12X12 sheet (on the sheet I used it will give you 12 little cards to create with), stickers from the paper kit, chipboard, epoxy snowflake and an enamel dot. The Bundle Up is from the ephemra package.

Who doesn't love a good old fashioned sled ride? Dont forget you can get the enamel dots and brad sets as an add on for the December kit.
The snowman globe is again one of cut cards, but a similar idea is one of the 12X12 sheets of paper, on the sticker sheet and in the epoxy stickers.

For this one I added some irridescent stickles for the pom pom and Gilded Gold Stickles for the snowflake centers.
And my last tag. The snowman medallion, snow fun banner and small pennant piece are from the ephemera pack.

I had so much fun creating these tags. Head on over to the Scrap Shotz store and order your December Monthly Kit! You want this kit! 

Happy Wednesday everyone and thanks for having a look at what can be done with the December Monthly Kit. And don't forget to go back to the previous posts and see what the DT is inspiring you with!


No comments: