Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh Is Here

Happy Wednesday everyone! Cathy here with a couple of projects featuring Pretty Pink Posh! For these projects I used the Birdie Friends stamp set and the Birdie Friends Die set. I had to switch gears from Christmas creating, but loved the sentiments in this set. And what a great set to use just to let someone know you're thinking about them.

I started with a manilla tag and Distress Oxides, used my heat tool to dry them and then did some edging with a stencil and a Distress Crayon in Hickory Smoke.

Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade. I stuck with these colours because they just say spring to me and so do the little chicks!


To cut out all the tiny leaves (thank goodness for matching die sets) I used scraps of other bits of paper that had shades of green on them. Sometimes it does pay to be a paper hoarder! I did stamp of the little leaf images on the green backgrounds as well.

The branch was stamped then embossed in Emerald Creek Burnt Copper Leaves

I coloured my little chicks with a water brush and my Oxides and added a touch of blue for their little eyes.


Little leaves stamped directly on the background and ones I cut out with the die set, these were put on with some foam tape for dimension.

The chicks are put on with foam tape as well as they stand on their little fence post.
And a little ribbon on top and the tag is ready to go.





For my next project I made a quick and easy card. I got the idea for my background from fellow DT member Rosie when I saw a background on a Christmas card of hers. I used to have tons of big background stamps with words for every occasion. But after moves and purges etc I don't have any left. So I made my own with most of the sentiments from the Birdie Friends stamp set .




I used the larger chick and coloured in with the Oxides again, staying with the same bright happy colours.  Once the chick was ready I ran it through with the die to cut it out. I stamped a sentiment on a scrap piece of paper and made a little banner sign using a toothpick, and tucked it under the chick's wing.

I edged my banner and my card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink 
 


Attached the chick and his little banner with foam tape to pop it up just a bit.


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to get your Pretty Pink Posh sets in the Scrap Shotz online store! And be sure to check out the holiday stamps that are in too!! 

I'll be back on Friday with some wintery goodness from Scrap Shotz and Pretty Pink Posh!! Have a great week everyone!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these projects, Cathy! The background on the card is brilliant.