Friday, October 13, 2017

October Kit Projects...Take Two

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!! Cathy here with some more projects using the gorgeous Scrap Shotz October Kit, featuring the Beautiful line from Simple Stories! The October Kit is available now and there are add ons to go with it!

I love home decor, especially anything I can put on a wall or display on a shelf. I did this frame up using one of the cut apart sheets from the 12X12 paper pack. There are so many to choose from, but the best part is, you can change up the center card message whenever you like. I did this one using a vertical card but you can also do a horizontal version.


I found this great frame at the thrift store for $1.50 and thought it would be perfect, already had a mat inside it too. I did not like the colour so a bit Dylusions White and Dylusions Black Paint and I have a frame I like.

I layered a 4X6 card on a piece of the patterned paper from the kit so it fit in the center of the mat. I fussy cut some of the flowers out and edged them in black ink. I also edged the frame in black to pull it together. You could use any colour for that part. Added gold hearts to the corners and some of the clear word stickers on the side.

For the flower in the foreground I cut all the petals and edge them in black as well.

More fussy cut flowers attached to the mat around the center card.
I did leave the frame just painted and edged in Distress Ink in Black Soot, that way I can just change out the mat board inside to what ever design and colour I would like.


And for my last project this month I did a 5X5 card and a regular size card. The cut aparts from the Beautiful line are so great for cards. And I love the positive words and encouragement.

The embellishments that come with this kit are so amazing. They all go together so well and there are so many options with this line. This is a 5X5 card and I used one of the cut aparts and just trimmed it down and layered in on squares cut from the paper.

The balloons are in the sticker book and are so adorable and the little tiny bow is one of the stickers too.

This little circle is from the chipboard set and is layered on a cut out piece of matching paper.

My second card is a regular size one. 

I used a striped pattern on the bottom layering piece and then used the matching washi tape to add stripes.

I fussy cut the feathers out of one of the cards and tucked them in behind the sentiment. And added the little bow on the top feather.
The matching floral washi tape is gorgeous. Used it for the background and cut a small banner out of it for the top corner.

Two different circle stickers added to the corner, and you can pop these up too if you want.

Yes the gold does shine that wonderfully!!

Hope you have all had a great week and enjoyed seeing the incredible projects this week from Katelyn and Rosie!! Coming up next week, the Design Team will be showing you projects featuring items available from Scrap Shotz! Stay tuned!
 
 

No comments: