Monday, October 30, 2017

December Daily Mini Album with Lawn Fawn

Hi there!

This is my fifth year doing a version of a December Daily album.  Obviously, December is a busy time, so to make things simple I usually make my own mini album ahead of time.  The Perfectly Plaid 6x6 paper pack from Lawn Fawn is perfect for a mini album.



To start the album, cut the following pieces of heavy cardstock:

1 - 12" x 6"
3 - 12" x 5.75"
2 - 5.5" x 5.5"pł

Score the 12 x 6 piece at 3" and 2.5" from each end.


Adhere the two 5" x 5" pieces of cardstock to the outer flaps of the 12" x 6" cardstock making sure to centre the piece with an even border around it. This will be the cover.


Score the three 12" x 5.75" pieces at 3" inches from each end. Adhere the three scored and folded pieces together to make a paper chain.




Adhere the centre portion of the paper chain to the centre of the cover. Be sure to use very strong adhesive to do this step (I used wet glue) since this is the part that is the support for the book pages.

You can leave the book like this and it will give you 11 pages (not counting the covers). But, I do all 31 days of December, so I needed more pages. I cut and scored a two more 12" x 5.75" pieces and adhered them to the ends of the paper chain. I cut and folded three 5" x 10" pieces and adhered them to the centre of each panel to make flip up pages. I added more pieces and flip cards to the album until I had 31 pages.

Now that the album is finished, I wall papered every page with the Lawn Fawn paper.

For the cover, I embossed and watercoloured  the poinsettia stamp from The Ton. The pine branches and snowflakes are cut from a Kaisercraft die from my stash. The scalloped circle was cut from with my Silhouette. Swing Thickers from the September Kit  and some alphas from my stash make up the title. The dots are from Liquid Pearls in Gold.

The only page completed in the album is the dedication page. I keep all my Christmas/December Daily supplies in a pizza box and try to use any products that will work for my needs. Here, I used an old Elle Studio journaling card, some more Lawn Fawn paper cut with a Fiskars punch and the number one die cut from an old Spellbinders tag die.  The rest of the pages will be completed as the month progresses.


I have prepared a short video showing how the album looks with all the pages expanded.


I'm pretty happy with this album and can't wait for December to get started!

Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

Rosie said...

Wow!! This is fantastic, great work!