Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Scrap Shotz September Kit Projects with Sylvie

Hi there!

I'm back again today showcasing the September Kit using the Carta Bella Transatlantic Travel collection.

First up is a layout I created using this fabulous sketch from Stuck? Sketches.





I started with a piece of cardstock from the kit and using the smooshing technique I applied some Distress Oxide Inks in Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber, available as add ons.  I use this technique often to give my photos and layers of cardstock a place to rest.

The flowers are stamped using the Beautiful Day Altenew acrylic stamps, also available in the store. Be still my heart!  These layering stamps are incredible!  I used regular Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo for the flowers and Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles for the leaves. The Tonic Tim Holtz Stamp Platform made the stamp layering so easy!  I embellished the flower clusters with the wood veneer photo strip and the clock button are from the kit.

I stamped part of the title directly on the background page using some alpha stamps from my stash and StazOn ink. The title was finished with some Thickers from the kit.

The final touch was some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Pale Gold another extra from the store. The colour matches papers perfectly!

Thanks for Stuck?Sketches for the awesome sketch!

For my last project, I created a pocket page spread.



The embellishments are all from the kit except the alpha stickers and wood veneer heart that are from my stash. (Note that I used another homemade "flair badge" on the journaling card. Check out yesterday's blog post for instructions on how I made them.)

I tend to take a lot of photos at a particular event and I love being able to mix pocket pages in with regular 12x12 pages. But sometimes I don't have enough photos to do front and back for both page protectors. So, to have one 12x12 page on one side and a pocket page on the other, I sew two page protectors together to make one.

I start with the pocket page that will be on the left.  Usually, the openings to slide in the photos is on the right side.  So, to have ability to remove or add photos, I cut an opening with a ruler and craft knife. (Please don't mind my very dirty and stained craft mat!)


Then I layer the 12x12 page protector over the pocket page protector, lining up the holes and keeping it all together with paper clips.


Using my sewing machine, I sew on each side of the protectors, but NOT THE TOP!  Otherwise, you won't be able to get your 12x12 page back inside. ;)

This is what it looks like once all the pages are inserted.


Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the store for more information on the September 2017 Scrap Shotz kit.

Sylvie

No comments: