Sunday, September 17, 2017

Christmas Crafting Part 1

Hey Scrap Shotz Fans!

I'm excited to kick off my first post as a design team member sharing with you some Christmas projects featuring Kaisercraft's "Christmas Edition" collection available at Scrap Shotz's

The design team members who designed fabulous projects with the September Kit, used this page sketch from Stuck?! Sketches and I thought I would also play along and use it for my first project. 


Here's my scrapbook layout using inspiration from the sketch.


In the bottom right hand corner of my layout I added my "Winter" tittle using Black Rainboots Thickers. To highlight around the word, I added a fun little snowflake charm from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies as well as a few sequins.


On the top portion of my layout, I layered together patterned paper, cut outs from the Collectables that match the Christmas Edition paper and fussy cut images from the patterned paper. To make the cut out images pop, I inked the edges of them with Black Soot Distress Ink. To tie in the bottom right hand corner of the layout, I added the snowflake charms and sequins to the top portion of the layout. To finish off some one of the tags, I added a twine thread bow.  




For my second project, I created this pretty Christmas Card.


On the music note paper, I took the Fancy Stars stencil from Kaisercraft and put Tonic Studios Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Silver Gem through it. Lift off the stencil and your left with fabulous sparkly stars on your music note paper. 


Once the paste was dry, I layered a die cut circle out of the Christmas Edition patterned paper, die cuts from the Collectables - Christmas Edition, fussy cut images and sequins. For the paper elements I made sure to ink the edges using Black Soot Distress Ink. For the sentiment on the front of the card, I used one of the sentiments found on the tear strip at the bottom portion of the patterned paper. 


For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of patterned paper that measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". For the sentiment on the inside of the card, I used another one of the sentiments found on the tear strip at the bottom portion of the patterned paper. 


All of the products that I've used today on my projects are available in the Scrap Shotz's store. 

Thanks for joining me today! Tune in tomorrow as I share a few more projects using this fabulous paper collection. 

- Katelyn









4 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning projects, Katelyn! The Christmas card is especially lovely.

Katelyn said...

Thanks Julia!

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Gorgeous! Love how you used the glitter paste!

Katelyn said...

Thanks Cathy!