Friday, October 28, 2016

Scrap Shotz October 2016 'Homespun' Kit Reveal

**Please Note: Photobucket very recently changed their terms of service and no longer supports direct linking for 3rd party hosting of images. To view the images not displayed, hover and right click over image, then choose either "open image in new window" or "open link in new window" **

Hello!
Thanks for stopping by to take in my projects created with the lovely Scrapshotz 'Homespun' October 2016 kit featuring the Jen Hadfield Warm and Cozy line.

At first glance a body would see these papers as fall themed only but there are so many great patterned papers in this kit, I was able to create tropical vacation layouts and a Christmas card!

Here is my tropical vacation layout, my kids enjoying the Island Breeze Luau at the King Kamehameha beachfront hotel in Kailua-Kona, HI (Big Island of Hawaii)


Next up is this double page spread, I cut the photos into 2x2 squares, the design and photos flow so well.





I was inspired to make this by subway print while surfing Pinterest. The Adirondak Cranberry paint I found in my stash  became the base for these copper kit phrases, October kit leaf die cuts and washi tape.
One of my goals for the year is making use of my die cutting Silhouette machine and I did that for this layout, cutting the leaf template:

I hand cut the backing papers to fit these leaves along with hand cutting the tassels on the right hand side.
The kit includes a paper that is fully printed with 2x2 squares just perfect for cards or layout, here are some cards using the squares:

We love sketches and as a Creative Team we like to either make or choose a sketch to be inspired by and also inspire YOU!

We decided to chose this Scrapbook and Cards Today sketch for this months CT sketch project:

Here is my layout based on this sketch:


I created shaker windows on either side of the main photos putting to use my WRMK Photo Fuse tool.
This was an easy kit to work with, I am looking forward to seeing what my fellow DT members create :)





No comments: