Friday, July 22, 2016

Scrap Shotz June 2016 Kit Reveal Part 3

Hello Scrap Shotz Readers! I am sorry this post is so late - summer has been so much fun. We have had lots of adventures in and around home between all the work obligations.

However, I am honoured to be sharing my projects from the June 2016 Scrap Shotz kit with you.

My primary showcase project with the kit is Travellers Notebooks. They all the rage now, in various colours, shapes and sizes. As I knew we would be taking several mini vacations throughout the summer, I thought it would be fun to document our travels through the eyes of my daughter. She has had a wonderful time adding pictures printed from my Polaroid Zip and inserting them with her stories into the notebooks.

The image below shows the notebook cover. The dimensional stickers are included in the kit and in my opinion make the cover extraordinary. Holding the 3 notebooks in place is a piece of black elastic noted on the inside of the cover.


There are 3 travellers notebooks inside the cover that I bound together with staples. To kick off our summer, I decided to water colour with my Prima water colour paints and a sheet from the Prima watercolour colouring book!



To minimize the bulk of the books, I lightly adorned the covers and pages. I was anticipating my daughter saving brochures and trinkets along the way!


Inside are acid free sheets of cardstock as well as heavier texturered writing paper. We have using Copic markers and for a Tombow Fudenosuke Pen with a soft nib for special memory keeping moments.



To organize the tidbits of paper, I added envelopes and folders to the pages and to the backs of the notebooks.



(Psst...the front page of the traveller notebook is an interpretation from the kit sketch! :-) )


 With the remnants of the kit, I made a series of bendie cards to accompany teacher gifts.




Check out the fabulous brads by Emerald Creek Designs!



And lastly, is my layout using the sketch from the monthly kit. I loved the sepia tones of the papers which prompted the creation of a heritage layout in honour of my grandfather.


Thank you so much for dropping by! We have more planned to share with you over the summer so please continue to come by :-)





No comments: