Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fabulous Fundamental :Making the Cut with Elizabeth Craft Shimmer Sheetz

Have you seen the Elizabeth Craft Shimmer Sheetz? They are absolutely gorgeous in every way - the colours, the unique texture, the versatility...but one thing I found frustrating was how to cut the Sheetz?

At the NSD crop, Rosie helped me shim and shim and muscle my way through cutting the Sheetz. I will be honest - I found it utterly frustrating. What in the world was I doing wrong with my sandwich on my Big Shot? I had searched the web, watched countless YouTube videos but nothing seemed to help.

Below you can see Rosie ran into the same problem as I did - how can we cleanly cut the Sheetz? Firstly rather than letting frustration get the better of her, Rosie created these beautiful cards with the "embossed" Sheetz. Aren't they gorgeous???





After Rosie created these cards, she and I had a pow-wow about the Sheetz. We were going to conquer this dilemna and Rosie did! She learned that if you back your Sheetz with a piece of cardstock and include this combination in your die cut machine, the Sheetz are cut cleanly and easily. The result? These beautiful cards below...



Thank you Rosie for your gorgeous cards and contribution to the Fabulous Fundamental!

No comments: