Friday, May 17, 2013

Scrapping with Scraps


Some may refer to me as a hoarder; others may refer to me as frugal; and others may refer to me as ingenious <-- course="" div="" i="" latter="" lol="" of="" prefer="" the="">
Today I thought I would share a few layouts I created with the itty bitty pieces of pattern paper I saved from older Scrap Shotz monthly kits - I just can't seem to throw away the scraps!!!

One of the techniques I love to use is to create a "quilt block" around the focal point photo. I usually pick photos that have definite colours. As well, I mix and match larger and smaller patterns with bolder and subtle colours. The "quilt blocks" allow me to embellish with scraps too, using a layered approach because I just love dimension.


Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); Jillibean Soup (pattern paper, die cuts, sticker numbers, phrase stickers); Little Yellow Bicycle (fabric border, dimensional die cut stickers); Basic Grey (chipboard alphas); Prima (gems); American Crafts (Slick writer)


As you know, I create layouts 2 at a time, usually. With a quick rotation and seeing all the extra squares I punched on my desk, I created this layout, also using a "quilt block" too.


Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); Jillibean Soup (pattern paper, cardstock die cuts, journal spots, word phrases); Little Yellow Bicycle (fabric border, dimensional stickers); Basic Grey (chipboard alphas); American Crafts (Slick Writer)

How do you scrap with your scraps???

No comments: