Friday, November 9, 2012

Fabulous Find: Whimsy Stamps and Dies

Have you seen these amazing stamps and matching dies by Whimsy Stamps? Some of my favorites include

  

Why?

Not only do they stamp beautifully with the rubber image - let me tell you that the stamped image is very crisp, clean and sharp. This makes heat embossing so easy.

What was captured my heart is the matching die. I love love love that I can die cut the stamped image perfectly each and every time and place the stamped imaged on my project.

Allow me to show you the innovative and precise die cutting system. First you need to trim the stamp from the sheet of stamps. Remember to cut as close as possible to the image without cutting the image! Then stamp your image on some cardstock or pattern paper.


Now with a sturdy scrap of cardstock, use your die and cut the scrap piece of cardstock. Keep the now die cut cardstock scrap. This scrap is your key to success!


Carefully line up the cardstock scrap over the stamped image, making sure the image peers through your die cut template (aka cardstock scrap).



Then put your die in the cardstock scrap, lining up the 2 dots.

Sandwich your die and the stamped image...and voila, a perfect die cut stamped image!

Then attach the die cut stamped image on your project.

Enjoy!






1 comment:

Lorraine said...

That is a great tip! I can never get them lined up straight - can't wait to try this! Thanks!