Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fabulous Fundamental: "Say What?"

One of the biggest sources of inspiration for me is what I overhear my children saying. There have been  countless moments where I think..."Whaaa?" and burst into a full-fledged belly laugh :-) Many of those goldmine phrases I have recorded in a book but some just stay on in my memory. My layout below is one such example.



Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); BoBunny (pattern paper, alphas, chipboard accents); typewriter; Copic Marker (pen for journaling)

The above layout captures a few of the special moments at my youngest's birthday party. Three years later I can still hear her utter the words, "The best day ever!" When I heard the words, I thought about including it in my journaling but when it came time to construct my layout, that phrase seemed like the perfect counterpart to the layout title. Plus, I was so lucky to find the exact phrase in a conversation bubble too on the BoBunny pattern paper.

So for this Fabulous Fundamental, I encourage you to be inspired by those oh so special sound bites that are a part of our everyday life!


1 comment:

Ruby said...

Wonderful layout V.