Wednesday, March 24, 2010

National Craft Month - Altered Projects

It is now officially Spring and I have to tell you that I love the longer days, the chirping birds and even the muddy shoes! LOL To me, there is no bigger sign of spring that the sight and sound of birds outside on the trees; wouldn't you agree?

So, in honour of spring, here is an altered birdhouse. The papers are from Urban Lily. The birdhouse is from the dollar store. But what I think really makes the bird house is the swirling butterflies. The butterfly images are from Hero Arts and are coloured with Copic markers, all available at Scrap Shotz. The entire birdhouse has been liberally sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist, also available at Scrap Shotz.

 Here is the front view...


Here is the side view...


Do you alter? Can you share with me your altered projects?

3 comments:

Liz said...

I told you it was cute!! I'm glad I got to see the making of this cute bird house!!!

Lorraine said...

That is just lovely, V! I got to see it "naked" and it's all dressed up now! LOL!

Laurie (Wally) said...

Ohhh soo cute.. love the bird house..