Friday, October 2, 2009

Early Bird World Cardmaking Day Challenge

Thanks for joining me!

My challenge for you is simple - make a gift card holder. For Christmas gifts and hostess gifts, I love to give gift cards but they don't always look attractive from the store. So here are two simple gift card holders to use as inspiration.

Here is the front. It is a regular card at 4.25"x5.5" with a landscape orientation. Papers and rubs are by Black River Designs. Flowers are Prima. And those awesome punches are Fiskars.

The inside is a 3"x11" piece of pattern paper scored at 5.5" to create a pocket for the gift card.

This literally took minutes to make! I know I will making several of these cards this holiday season!

Another gift card holder is what I term a tag pocket. The tag holds the gift card and the pocket is made with pattern papers scraps. Again, the papers and rubs are by Black River Designs. The ribbon source is unknown and the fancy edge border is created by Fiskars.

Here is another view of the tag-gift card combo in the pocket.

Thanks for joining me! Don't forget to link me up to your project!

5 comments:

Neisey said...

great job V! I'll be watching my mail for one of these LOL!

serena said...

hey V - how do you want us to link our project up?? leave a comment here and post the card in the gallery?

Heather M. said...

love those, v! great ideas!

Virginia said...

You can leave a gallery link in the comments and/or post in the forum.

serena said...

hey V here is my link. thanks for the idea.
http://gallery.scrapshotz.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/IMG_6759edited.jpg